Family Medicine Jobs in North Carolina
Friday · February 22, 2019
1 Job in The Tar Heel State
Photo: The Blue Ridge Mountains surrounding Asheville.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Columbia) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- We are seeking a full-time, board certified (preferred) Internal Medicine or Family Practice physicians for this primary care position in Ambulatory Care.
- Recruitment/Relocation incentives are authorized for this position.
- Contraception counseling and management.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Primary Care Physician needed to care for our Veterans - Great Benefits!
- Participation is based on funds availability.
- Licensure and Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.
- Physician will provide day-to-day care of veteran patients presenting with ambulatory/primary care appointments.
- Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
- The medical center is affiliated and co-located with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine.
- Essential gender-specific components include but are not limited to: Pelvic/breast exams.
- Physical Standards/.
- English Language Proficiency.
- Physician will participate in educational activities to promote, improve and maintain their skills and proficiency in women's health is expected.
- In addition to screening for breast and cervical cancer and a history of military sexual trauma.
- The selected candidate may be eligible.
- Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- The physician will operate as a member of the team practice model which has been developed at each facility with each patient identified and placed with a primary care provider and on an outpatient team.
- He/she functions as an independent physician who is highly skilled in the management/treatment of a patient's primary care needs, including preventive, chronic and urgent care.
- Applicant must be proficient in spoken and written English as required.
- As with other primary care providers, the core functions include diagnosing and treating acute and chronic health care problems, performing routine check-ups and prescribing medication and treatments.
- Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens.
- He/she will deliver services to veterans presenting for health care.
- Citizenship: Citizen of the United States.
- Management of osteoporosis, menopause, pelvic pain, abnormal uterine bleeding and sexually transmitted diseases.
- The WJB Dorn VA Medical Center located in Columbia, SC is recruiting for outpatient primary care physicians at our Community Based Outpatient Clinics in Florence, SC, and Sumter, SC.
- He/she will teach health promotion and disease prevention to patients.
- The Dorn Vamc is one of the fastest growing VA Medical Centers in the United States Our quality processes and practice innovations are excellent.
- Salary Range: Up to $225,000 per year.
- Work hours are: 8am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday.
- Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- All applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the duties of the position.
- In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Columbia, SC.
- The physician will see on average 10-12 patients daily with a patient panel size of 1000-1200 patients.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Oct 19.
It was originally posted in the permanent Family Medicine Jobs
section on MedWorking.com