Family Medicine Jobs in North Carolina
Friday · February 22, 2019
1 Job in The Tar Heel State
Photo: The Blue Ridge Mountains surrounding Asheville.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Asheville) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- We are one of nine regional North Carolina Ahecs that collectively serve as leaders in the transformation of healthcare education and services in North Carolina.
- We also support those in rural practices to ensure that all individuals, particularly those with low incomes, have access to quality care.
- The vibrant city of Asheville is nestled between the peaks of the Appalachian Mountains in Western part of North Carolina with a moderate climate that experiences four distinct seasons.
- Previous faculty experience is not required.
- Asheville is a wonderful place to work, live and raise a family.
- About Mahec.
- The Mountain Area Health Education Center (Mahec) was established as a non-profit organization in 1974.
- Mountain Area Health Education Center (Mahec)'s Division of Family Medicine seeks to hire a full-time, benefitted faculty member with a dual focus in patient care/teaching and optimization of Revenue Cycle initiatives.
- Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Asheville, NC.
- Mahec Human Resources is located at, Asheville, NC.
- Board certification in Family Medicine, or equivalent, is required.
- This mountain city features an eclectic downtown, 30-plus art galleries in the city limits alone, a burgeoning culinary scene, a thriving live music scene and, of course, the awe-inspiring scenery of the Blue Ridge.
- And if you want a weekend getaway, it is a quick two-hour drive to Charlotte and an easy travel to any major city on the East Coast, such as Atlanta, Charleston, or Nashville.
- The organization is dedicated to improving the health of our region with this mission: to train the next generation of healthcare professionals for Western North Carolina through quality healthcare, innovative education, and best practice models that can be replicated nationally.
- Responsibilities include teaching Family Medicine residents, the provision of family medicine care in hospital, outpatient, and home setting and Work with key Revenue Cycle stakeholders (i.
- Private practice and/or practice management experience preferred.
- Affiliated with UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Mahec's community-based program is located in charming Asheville, NC, surrounded by national parks and a host of recreational and cultural activities.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Asheville also has a regional airport, with direct flights to major cities, and the large commercial airports in Charlotte and Greenville are close by for national and international travel.
- We not only train practitioners to provide excellent healthcare.
- Coding, billing, fiscal) to optimize utilization of EHR with a focus on improving documentation, education and support for all clinical departments in all Mahec Divisions.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical practice experience post residency training, or completion of faculty development fellowship preferred.
- Faculty development opportunities will be available.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- CVs will be accepted until the position is filled.
- With over 600 employees, and growing, Mahec is the largest of the nine NC Ahecs.
- Current licensure to practice medicine in North Carolina or eligibility to be fully licensed in North Carolina or equivalent is required.
- Mahec is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the underserved and we are the largest safety net primary care provider in WNC.
- Relocation allowance available.
- Nationally recognized as one of the top cities to United States for its people, travel, craft beers, and dog-friendly town, we are home of the Biltmore Estate, Grove Park resort and spa, Orange Peel music venue, Asheville Symphony, and Civic Center for a variety of ways that both young and old can relax in the community!
- Minorities and Spanish/English bilingual persons are strongly encouraged.
- About Asheville, North Carolina.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Dec 23.
It was originally posted in the permanent Family Medicine Jobs
section on MedWorking.com