Family Medicine Jobs in North Carolina
Monday · December 10, 2018
1 Job in The Tar Heel State
Photo: The Blue Ridge Mountains surrounding Asheville.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Asheville) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Previous faculty experience is not required.
- The organization is dedicated to improving the health of our region with this mission: to train the next generation of healthcare professionals for Western North Carolina through quality healthcare, innovative education, and best practice models that can be replicated nationally.
- Mountain Area Health Education Center (Mahec)'s Division of Family Medicine seeks to hire a full-time, benefitted faculty member with a dual focus in patient care/teaching and optimization of Revenue Cycle initiatives.
- Asheville also has a regional airport, with direct flights to major cities, and the large commercial airports in Charlotte and Greenville are close by for national and international travel.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Mahec is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the underserved and we are the largest safety net primary care provider in WNC.
- And if you want a weekend getaway, it is a quick two-hour drive to Charlotte and an easy travel to any major city on the East Coast, such as Atlanta, Charleston, or Nashville.
- Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Affiliated with UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Mahec's community-based program is located in charming Asheville, NC, surrounded by national parks and a host of recreational and cultural activities.
- Board certification in Family Medicine, or equivalent, is required.
- Private practice and/or practice management experience preferred.
- Relocation allowance available.
- CVs will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Asheville is a wonderful place to work, live and raise a family.
- The vibrant city of Asheville is nestled between the peaks of the Appalachian Mountains in Western part of North Carolina with a moderate climate that experiences four distinct seasons.
- Current licensure to practice medicine in North Carolina or eligibility to be fully licensed in North Carolina or equivalent is required.
- With over 600 employees, and growing, Mahec is the largest of the nine NC Ahecs.
- We also support those in rural practices to ensure that all individuals, particularly those with low incomes, have access to quality care.
- This mountain city features an eclectic downtown, 30-plus art galleries in the city limits alone, a burgeoning culinary scene, a thriving live music scene and, of course, the awe-inspiring scenery of the Blue Ridge.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Asheville, NC.
- Coding, billing, fiscal) to optimize utilization of EHR with a focus on improving documentation, education and support for all clinical departments in all Mahec Divisions.
- We are one of nine regional North Carolina Ahecs that collectively serve as leaders in the transformation of healthcare education and services in North Carolina.
- The Mountain Area Health Education Center (Mahec) was established as a non-profit organization in 1974.
- Mahec Human Resources is located at, Asheville, NC.
- Nationally recognized as one of the top cities to United States for its people, travel, craft beers, and dog-friendly town, we are home of the Biltmore Estate, Grove Park resort and spa, Orange Peel music venue, Asheville Symphony, and Civic Center for a variety of ways that both young and old can relax in the community!
- About Asheville, North Carolina.
- We not only train practitioners to provide excellent healthcare.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical practice experience post residency training, or completion of faculty development fellowship preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Faculty development opportunities will be available.
- Responsibilities include teaching Family Medicine residents, the provision of family medicine care in hospital, outpatient, and home setting and Work with key Revenue Cycle stakeholders (i.
- Minorities and Spanish/English bilingual persons are strongly encouraged.
- About Mahec.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago